Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Soapbox

First of all, I am sorry I have not blogged in a while.  We went on vacation for a few days (much needed break) and now we are getting ready for Baby to start Daycare and Mommy to go back to work.  It's going to be a challenge on us all.

I write today because of something that happened to a very dear friend of mine.  Let's call her K.  Well, she recently found out that her 3-year old was allowed to pay with water guns with some relatives.  K is very opposed to her child playing with any sort of guns -- NERF, water, etc...  This post isn't really about her situation, but more on my general opinion of parental rights.

As parents we try to limit exposure of certain things that our children see, hear, experience.  For my friend K, that is guns. For me it's SpongeBob.  Yes, you read that right! My child has NO business watching that show!  I could go on and on but the point is, no matter if you agree or disagree with what a parent allows or disallows, it's not your call to make.  If you choose to be in that child's life, then you will follow the directives of the parents. Period!

No comments:

Post a Comment